1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help needed: Whereabouts of Boston String Instrument Company?

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by jamackay, Jan 3, 2007.

1. jamackay

jamackay

Jan 3, 2007
    Pasadena, CA
    Hello TB community!

I am looking for information about the Boston String Instrument Company. Prior to moving to California in 2000, I placed an old bass in poor repair with Ivo and Benjamin Pires at BSIC. The repairs had gone very slowly, but every year I have been contacting them to see if the bass is nearing completion. Last week I tried contacting them again, only to find that their phone number is now disconnected. Not living in the area, I'm having a hard time tracking down what might have happened to my instrument. I am hoping that someone on this forum might know how to get in touch with them. If so please post or contact me at jamackay2@yahoo.com.

The bass had an extremely warped face with a deep depression to the left of the bridge, that they were working on reshaping. The wood was a dark reddish brown wood with significant damage to the ribs and shoulder. The back of the instrument was in relatively good condition.

Any information that you might have about where to contact the previous owners of the Boston String Instrument company would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew MacKay

ps. I was referred to talkbass.com by Eric Roy at Upton