Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help needed with buzzing speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Newget, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Newget

Newget

Mar 10, 2006
    Hello, I'm playing an Eden WT330 thru a Nemesis 2x12. Last night I had a brief signal failure, it sounded like something dying as if unplugged then out. The power to head was fine, but I had just installed a new rack effect(Lexicon MPX110) I assumed this was the problem dumped it out of the chain turned speaker back on and it worked fine.

Brought my gear home so I could tweak the new unit and noticed immidiately a distortion when you lightly touch the strings or make music very light. Thought it was the battery dieing in the active pups and changed basses but problem persisted. When the bass is played hard at normal volume the distortion goes away 92%, but if it is strummed very very lightly it is very distorted.

Any thoughts?

This happened to me last summer with a cab I had been using for 10 years (SWR triad) and the way I fixed it was buying a new cab! This NSP2x12 is 8 months old. I run a slew of effects and now am suspicious that something is overloading somewhere? I stick my ear to the top 12 and it is clearly distorting, ear to the bottom and it sounds as if the speaker isn't on.

All ideas and input are very appreciated.

2. Newget

Newget

Mar 10, 2006
    Bump

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Does it have a preamp tube? If so how old?

How about an onboard compressor? Is it bypassed?

No experience with Edens but these seem to be issues I've read about.