Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help needed - Zon Sonus,Tobias Killer B,Washburn XB925

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Hey boys and girls - need some advice.I'm on the hunt for a new 5 string bass and like the above basses.
    Has anyone had any experiences with any of them?They will all have the tones I want (rock, metal).What are they like balance wise.Any neck dive?Weight?
    I've also heard stories about dodgy necks on the Washburns being fairly regular.
    What can anyone tell me.Dont really have my eye on anything.Also if anyone has any other suggestions that would do the trick.Dont like Thumbs.I already own a Euro Spector 5 and want something a little different but generally I like that sort of bass.Small modern shape,hifi tone,17-18mm spacing,active.
    Thanks people.

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    IMHO, the Sonus is above the other 2 you mentioned and meets your criteria. They´re extremely well built and the tone is to die for.

You won´t get the typical graphite sound but a warm, hi fi tone, with lots of sustain. You won´t have to worry about neck warping and truss rods. There´re several Sonus models
    (Studio, Custom, 5/1, 5/2, etc.) and they pop up pretty cheap from time to time.