Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!!! NEMESIS 2X12 OR 4X10 COMBO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretless72, Dec 7, 2004.

1. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Hi, I live in Spain, Europe, I want to buy one Nemesis and I have two questions.

1-Could you define his kind of sound versus one of my amps??: Trace Elliott 300 with 15x10, Ampeg 115 and a SWR Basic Black 120w)

2-I like the sound of the 15", but only tne Nemesis NC212 (2x12) and NC410 (4x10) have the 320 w that I need now. I like the boomy and bassier possibility, so, there are a really big difference between the two options???? Which one could handle better the 320 w. without the help of another cabinet??

Thank's for your attention, it could be really useful to me.

I apologizes for my english...

2. they both have the same specs but the 410 is more sensitive by 2db. I think the 410 would be louder and focused but the 212 would be un poca mas gorda.

They are both nice.

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Based on your stated preferences in tone, probably the 2x12 would fit your taste better.

4. I owned the 410, and it has good lows on it, but it is more of a modern sounding cab. I haven't played the 212, but from my experience, it might be more to your tastes.

Can you go A/B them together?

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I own the 4x10 speaker cab. It's fantastic. Very under rated. It's -3dB at 38Hz so it has enough bottom end to keep me happy. However I have PA support at all my gigs so I never really ask the cab to go all that low.

If I had to describe the sound in one word, it would be "Punchy". It has a pronounced midrange more so than lows. It's a very musical midrange too, especially in the region between 250 and 500Hz, making it really easy to hear yourself, even at the loudest gigs. And it's VERY efficient. 103dB at 1w/1m, meaning it doesn't need a lot of watts to get up to gig volume.

I've not heard the 2x12 so I can't offer coment.

Nemisis cabs are known to have horn protection cirtuitry that cuts in a little bit too early. If you find this is a problem, let me know and I'll show you a easy way around it.

6. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Thank's a lot to all.

One question, sound midrange like a Gallien Krueger??

And the most important thing to me, will keep the caracter of my USA Jazzbass de Luxe??

7. La media es mucho mas mejor que GK.

8. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Thanks.

But not in a metal rock way, ins't it??

9. No. In a general way.