Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!!! Nemesis combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Okay guys (and gals, are there any here?!), I'm 99% percent sure I'm going to buy this Nemesis 2x10 combo, sight unseen, sound unheard, which really concerns me. See, there's no one within 4 hours drive for me to check it out, and I swore I'd never buy equipment this way again.

I like everything I hear about this combo, and have read all the threads on this on TB, but wanted to lay it out there one last time before I proceed.

The reason I'm getting rid of my B100R (sold on TB!) is that it's just not the sound I'm into. I prefer more of a modern sound, and an amp that can give more of a variety of tones. And an XLR out so I can sell my Sansamp also.

Whatdya think of the Nemesis 2x10, get it?

Mark

2. Never used the 2x10, but I have a 4x10 and recommend it highly.

allan

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I live on the west side of St. Louis. That is less than 4 hours from KC. Come over to my house and you can crank up mine as loud as you want. PM if you want.

Otherwise I would just say that it sounds like an Eden. It isn't quite like the pro line, but certainly that sound. Very functional and as loud as any 210 you'll run accross. Punchy. Very useful little amp. I just played a show with a medium weight drummer, Fender bassman 50 for the guitar, trumpet, sax and a 100 keyboard amp. I had plenty.

It wouldn't make it in a really loud band wthout extension, but otherwise it is great. Plus I can get the amp, two basses, 2 stands, 3-space rack and a gear box in the trunk of my Volvo 850. Wooo Hooo!!!

Chas

4. mkone17

mkone17

Sep 3, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I got my nemesis combo under the same circumstances, never saw it or heard it before buying. It was entirely worth it. It's not pro quality, but it's got good tone, solid construction and is VERY light for a 2x10. As long as you have a decent bass, you won't have any trouble getting the tone you want. Peace.

5. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Absolutely - I have the 4X10 and upgraded from the B50R. I think the Nemesis will have the modren sound you are looking for.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My spare head is a Nemesis NA600. It sounds nice, but it makes me think that it was Eden's version of an Ampeg.

7. robot

robot

Feb 29, 2000
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hi,

I have a Nemesis NC200-1x12 and I have played the NC210 in a store in New York City. I loved the sound for all the changes and tweaking I could do to it for what seemed like hours.

I may have missed it, but was it used or new?If it's new, just watch the price as it varies greatly from store to store (Fred's Music at $569 is the cheapest I have seen on the Net and Musician's Friend was 600+).

If for some reason you don't like it, the Nemesis would be any easy sale and return on your $$.

Cheers,

8. Dude, I think we're brothers! I drive an 850! I went to the one local store that sells Eden and asked them if they could order one for me. They said Nemesis was being discontinued and one guy said he HATED these amps, that they were junk. I have always liked this store, so I'm perplexed.

I think I'll buy it used and see what I think.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hmmm....discontinued??? :confused:

Seein' as I work for one of the - if not THE - biggest Eden dealers in the world, you'd think I'd have heard that news! :rolleyes:

As for them being "junk", I would hardly describe them as such. They are just affordably priced Eden amps, not as many bells and whistles (no semi-parametric EQ, that kinda stuff) and they use OSB instead of heavier and more expensive plywood in the cabinets. Personally, I think they're good sounding amps, in their price range, the best I've heard yet.

I don't have a clue what's up with your local dealer, but something sounds fishy...

10. MarkMcCombs said...

I went to the one local store that sells Eden and asked them if they could order one for me. They said Nemesis was being discontinued and one guy said he HATED these amps, that they were junk. I have always liked this store, so I'm perplexed.

I think I'll buy it used and see what I think.

Play one for yourself, Mark - I have a 4x10 and just love it - my back doesn't, though :eek: <---- that's the face i make after carrying my 410 more than about 100 feet

You might want to call or email David Nordschow at Eden and ask him if his Nemesis amps are being discontinued. While you're there, maybe you could let him know that a salesperson is badmouthing the Nemesis line (possibly to make a bigger sale) and see what he says ;)

cheers,

allan

11. Thanks for all your input, people! I do appreciate it, but after much careful thought and gnashing of teeth, I ordered a different Eden product today, the CXC-210C4. It's 400 watts into 2 10s, one of which has a coaxial tweeter. I figured why not go all out and buy possibly the last rig I'll ever buy.

Anyone have any thoughts on this thing? (I've started a new thread on it as well)....

Mark

12. oh yeah, after asking my store to clarify the Nemesis being discontinued thing...what he said he said was that Musicians Friend is no longer an Eden dealer, though they're still selling their amps. He said this meant that there wouldn't be a warranty (?!!!). However, I talked to Bill at Eden today and he said the warranty is a manufacturer's warranty, so it doesn't matter where you buy your new gear, it's covered for 2 years by Eden directly.

I know it sounds like my store is full of it, maybe so. But I don't think they're being dishonest, just misinformed. They sold me the CXC for $975, tax and delivery included; Musician's Friend lists it for $1119, and then shipping.

That's all, I'll tell you how I like it in a couple weeks...

Mark