Help! Now Taking Suggestions...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HiFi, Jun 30, 2002.

1. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    This is about Pickups/electronics, but bear with me. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I have finally sat down after trying every bass that I could get my hands on and have decided to combine the elements I like into one one built from Warmoth, etc. First, any companies that you know of that sell great parts and might be able to help would be nice. More importantly, and about pickups/electronics, is what I want to go with.

I play a style meshed with my influences. Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, Flea, a little Claypool, Bootsy, and a little Larry Graham. I want to be able to achieve a sound like Miller's and Vic's with the ability to dig deep and get punchy tones when needed. What I'm thinking is EMG pickups. Either J pair, or P+J. Any other companies you might suggest? any other combo for 4 string funk?

For the preamp I am battling between a John East Marcus Miller style preamp, and the Sadowsky preamp. Once again, any other companies making a comparable or better preamp that I should check out? Any other suggestions? Thanks.