1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help! Old Bass Pod "Manual" mode fix

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rbanyaga, Dec 19, 2016.

1. rbanyaga

rbanyaga

Feb 5, 2013
    Dallas TX
    Hi TB, hopefully someone can lend some advice. I picked up an old Line 6 Bass Pod and it works fine in Preset mode. I can adjust the models, EQ, effects etc. But when I switch to Manual mode, there is no sound and none of the knobs respond? I wonder if there's a cold joint or loose connection? The button lights up, but there is no function to be had. Has anyone had this happen? I know it's an ancient device and I'm happy the presets works, but it would be nice to have the manual function too. Thanks. image.

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I would try to contact Line 6.

3. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
  4. rbanyaga

rbanyaga

Feb 5, 2013
    Dallas TX
    Thanks, Brent! Happy Holidays.

5. BrentSimons

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    You too my friend! Happy Holidays and good luck with the Pod. I used one for years if you have any other questions.
    Take care,
    Brent

6. rbanyaga

rbanyaga

Feb 5, 2013
    Dallas TX
    Thanks for the advice! After the reset and some button cleaning, Manual works. It's great to pick up a used piece of equipment on the cheap that was crazy expensive when it debuted.

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. BrentSimons

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    Glad to hear!
    If you haven't already pick up a midi interface. Then you can download soundiver from the Line 6 site. This will allow you to do some deep editing on some effects, amps and a few other things that aren't easily accessible on the Pod controls. I don't believe soundiver is supported by anything other than Windows Xp but someone may have fixed this.
    Happy holidays!
    Brent