1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help on a Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amorosomolto, Oct 20, 2003.

1. amorosomolto

amorosomolto

Sep 10, 2003
    Texas
    Hello Everyone.
    I have been researching for many months now and I am going soon to be purchasing a new 6 string bass. The current six string I own now is a signature piece of garbage. Anyway...
    I am not in a location where there are many instrument dealers so I have not been able to try out too many different six strings. I will be making the journey to try as many as possible before I decide on what I want to buy.
    Could anyone reccomend or piont me in the direction of a good six string? My budget is about 1800$ Max.
    I like low action, narrow string spacing, 24 frets, onboard preamp, etc. I mainly play rock, alot of tapping, harmonics, runs, fingerstyle, classical stuff, especially BACH and Mozart solos. I want a feel of a good easy action like a classical guitar or something.
    I have been thinking about a Warwick thumb bolt on. Also, has anyone heard of Matt Pulcinella Guitars?
    Well I thank you all and I hope you all can help me. I have already learned alot from this forum. Thank you. Mike