Help on a Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amorosomolto, Oct 20, 2003.

1. amorosomolto

Sep 10, 2003
    Hello Everyone.
    I have been researching for many months now and I am going soon to be purchasing a new 6 string bass. The current six string I own now is a signature piece of garbage. Anyway...
    I am not in a location where there are many instrument dealers so I have not been able to try out too many different six strings. I will be making the journey to try as many as possible before I decide on what I want to buy.
    Could anyone reccomend or piont me in the direction of a good six string? My budget is about 1800$ Max.
    I like low action, narrow string spacing, 24 frets, onboard preamp, etc. I mainly play rock, alot of tapping, harmonics, runs, fingerstyle, classical stuff, especially BACH and Mozart solos. I want a feel of a good easy action like a classical guitar or something.
    I have been thinking about a Warwick thumb bolt on. Also, has anyone heard of Matt Pulcinella Guitars?
    Well I thank you all and I hope you all can help me. I have already learned alot from this forum. Thank you. Mike