1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help on a Markbass 121p... big deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by octavedoctor, Oct 3, 2013.

1. octavedoctor

octavedoctor Guest

May 25, 2013
    Hello guys, nice to be on talkbass as usual! :hyper:

I found something that looks like a deal, but I need your opinion.

I found a Markbass Mini CMD 121p for $340 shipping included.

Now... I have few hours to get it, the combo is the one with the COMBO HEAD on it.

What do you think? Is it a nice deal? Differences between the combo head and the combo head II or the new combo head III?

What should I do?

Thank you :p

2. The price for this combo is a steal taking into account Markbass price tag regardless of which combo head is in...If you don't need it let me know, I'll take it :) My advice - grab it!

3. beobass

beobass

Nov 26, 2005
    CT
    Id be suspicious. It should be selling for 550-650 used. Make sure it's a legit working unit. Is so it's a steal.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    The LMKIII and the Combo Head II are the same amps. I have not heard of a Combo Head III. The price does seem a bit low for that combo so I'd check it out carefully before you buy it.

5. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    The older ones are a Little Mark II, the newer ones a Little Mark III which includes a DI level control and pre/post switch. Unless there's an even older version I'm unaware of.

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Yes, but the newer ones with the DI level, etc. are labelled "Combo Head II".

7. OP is in Italy... possible reason for the lower price?
    Fishheadjoe

8. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I know, but it's a LMIII, without a top plate. Same amp.

9. PCR

PCR

Apr 11, 2008
    Deals are out there. I picked up my newer CMD121P for a little more than OP's price.

10. octavedoctor

octavedoctor Guest

May 25, 2013
    Thank you guys, for all replies... I was a bit suspicious as well the price is really low and the guy seems really in a hurry to sell it (stolen?) anyway I'm not able to try it out.

I've done a research on the internet and FB and I found the guy wich seems a real bass player and everything.

He's selling the 121p for $340 and a 121H for $410 ... really don't know what to do, which would you go for.... eventually?

11. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    I'd go for the 121p especially at the price. I think the 121H just has a compression driver (tweeter) on it that is supposedly better than the piezo tweeter on the 121p. I don't think it's worth the difference in price if you can get a 121p for that cheap iMO.