Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help on bass and amp shopping

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by venezuelanbass, Jul 31, 2003.

1. I really want to make a smart buy, im currently looking into a ampeg svt 5 head, and a spector bass, dont know want cabinet yet, please give me opinions on what to buy, i want a sick set up, that you can feel the bass not only hear it, make the bass stand out, maybe i should go with tubes i dont know, but my main concern is what bass tu buy, im really concerned about pickups and active electronics, are the emg`s on the spector worth it? or should i spend a little more for some bartolinis?

Thanks guys

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Spectors are sweet, can't go wrong with one, I own a rebop 5, love the bass. As far as heads and cabs that's a ton to consider, you can get a head anywhere from $300-$1000+, cabs are simular in price. I run a GK rb400 head (solid state) and an Ampeg 4 x 10, I think i paid around $850.00 for both and thats at a huge discount. My suggestion is to goto the music store with the bass you buy and try out some heads and cabs and see what you like. It is very difficult to tell someone what bass or head to buy. You need a bass that you like to play, is comfortable and you like the sound. Same goes for cabs and heads. Do a search on this site for reviews on cabs, heads, and basses to get an idea of what is out there, as far as basses go Spectors are awesome! good luck