Help on history of my bass????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DUBZ, Apr 22, 2001.

1. DUBZ

Aug 28, 2000
    Can anyone give me info on my Bass please???? Just after xmas i bought a second hand Fender P bass,its a MIJ model & its a photo flame finish,i paid £200 for it & i love it.the only changes ive made to it are new strings & ive given it a new tortoise shell pickplate (the original was like mother of pearl)the bass looks really awesome with the new pickplate,the photoflame finish compliments the toroise shell very well & makes the bass look vintage but so eyecatching.Ive since been told that this model(photoflame finish made in japan) are quite rare! Is this true or wes the guy pulling my leg???thanks in advance,Dubz...
  2. were did you buy it?

your best bet would be to try to contact fender at

another place that may be able to give you help it

this guy loves to sell these.
  3. No, I'm afraid it's not rare, but it is a good bass. The neck is very "vintage", even down to the guitar type frets, the body is nice and light and has very rounded shoulders, and it has a very strong pickup in it. I had one for a while, I sanded off the finish, and resprayed it vintage white, and replaced the pickup with a Seymour Duncan Antiquity. Except for the Made in Japan stamp, people thought it was a vintage P. Wish I still had it. Hmmm, might get another.