1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help on Kustom Model 150

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tylerrr51, May 2, 2010.

1. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I'm in the market for a new cab and I'm getting about 300 soon so I browsed my local used gear shop and found this

http://www.daddys.com/detail.php?itemTitle=kustom-model-150&itemNumber=KUS4930

After a few google and Talkbass searches I got no information.
    Can anyone share some knowledge on this cab.

My question is VERY basic because I will take any information on this.

Also if anyone has any suggestions to a cheap but gig-able cab that would be greatly appreciated. thank you

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That Kustom 215 will certainly work, BUT, on that same page is a Carvin 4x10, which would more than likely sound way better. Of course, you didn't mention the amp that you'll be using, and that's a big part of the equasion.

3. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I looked into the carvin and heard some bad stuff like lack of low end. Im using an old 78 peavey 400 series head.

4. ampegman741

ampegman741

May 7, 2010
    DON'T get this! i personally own one, cause i was like yeah a 2 15 for cheap? so when i got it i put my ampeg svt-4 threw it and then the cab hisses and crackles and pops. i was very disapointent. they arent clear, or thick sounding. it sounds dead and you could find a much better 410 or 212 cab for the same price. i would go with hartke, ampeg, and peavey. they have always been reliable for me.

5. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Kustom's stuff has never impressed me...

6. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Now now, guys... keep in mind, these cabs were top of the line in 1971........