Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help on Overdrive pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by P RicanWITaBASS, Nov 1, 2005.

1. HEY ALL!
    I'm just looking for people who can thoroughly explain an overdrive pedal to me and that have some recommendations for a quality single effects overdrive pedal. ANYONE??? :eyebrow:
    Thanks!

Jayson

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Have you read through the sticky at the top of the forum?

3. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    I can thoroughly explain an overdrive pedal to you.

I recommend the Fulltone BassDrive.

Search for "Fulltone and BassDrive" and you get 310 threads to read.

Search for "boss and obd" and you get 60 threads to read.

Search for "tech21 and sansamp" and you get 193 threads to read.

Read those threads and you will know everything we know.

tim99.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    First of all, what would you like to know about overdrive pedals? What can we explain to you other than the fact that it's a pedal that simulates overdriving an amp to get a grittier tone. Anything in particular you would like to know?

Other than that, what kind of tone are you looking for in a pedal? What kind of music do you play? There are plenty of great recommendations for an overdrive pedal, depends mostly on your gear, the music you play, the tone you want and your budget, and a number of people here can make good recommendations.

However, I would suggest thoroughly reading through the stickies at the top of this forum.

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    And if the search function was employed as it should be, we'd probably have half as many threads. ;)

No offense intended to anyone, especially not to the thread creator. This site is the single greatest searchable, usable database of gear for bassists anywhere. You'll be amazed at what you'll find here.