Help! one of my machines on my Palatino 500 is slipping gear.

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by tbone1, Jun 8, 2016.

1. tbone1

tbone1

Jun 8, 2016
    I have a Palatino 500 with a stripped machine. purchased a set from Gollihur music but the post is way too short and the old post is a different size from the new gear (won't seat on gear). any suggestions where to purchase a new machine?

2. is it like these?? You can just try to see if a set of these fits and screw them in.. the whole piece I mean.. so you would have to unscrew the whole tuners and all and put on the new ones..

or you can buy my Palatino bass from me as I've absolutely no use for it at all..

(i have 3 other basses and another portable upright already!)

image.jpg

3. Looks like Fender bass guitar tuning mechanics.

I got some cheap Chinese ones for my Stagg that came (cheap from Ebay) without them. Work well with lower tension strings until now, but I don't use this EUB very often.

Have a look at Ebay probably not to buy but to see different kinds, find the differences so you know which one would be of the same kind. You often can reuse the old peg, but it would be good to choose one with the large diameter in case that doesn't work.

If you know what detail you want, you might look for better quality tuning mechanics than you typically find on Ebay.