I'd really appreciate any assistance I could get from our esteemed membership in trying to solve the mystery of why my OPB3 preamp seems to be sucking the life out of the 18 volts of batteries in it on an all-too-regular basis. I remove the plug from my bass whenever I put it down for more than a handful of minutes and I don't use it plugged in any more than I do my basses with emg, carvin or ibanez preamps, yet it runs out of battery power on slightly more than a 1.5 month basis. The others last seemingly forever. BTW, the bass is wired with an "on-off" switch for the preamp --and it does go off when I turn it off. Any insight, advice or slap up the side of the head would be greatly appreciated.