Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help! part I: Eden NSP 210 Cab or Ashdown MAG 210 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Santraginus, Jul 27, 2005.

1. :help:

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to put together my first "real" rig, and I'm stuck in the decision making process...
    First of all: Wich 2x10 to buy? After some research, there are two options: Eden NSP 210 vs. Ashdown MAG 210.

I'll be playing different styles of music - nearly everything except for heavy/rock/metal-kind of music... My main axe is a passive Hotwire Vintage 4.
    Sound-wise, I dig vintage sounds a lot, but not to an extreme. I think that both the Eden and Ashdown cab would provide me with some well-rounded, not too harsh sounds.

Since I don't have a chance to test these two cabs at a nearby shop: What are your experiences with them?

Be forwarned: Another question (on amps) is soon to come...

Thx a lot in advance!
    Michael

2. Bump.

Opinions on the Ashdown 2x10 cabs would be appriciated, as my behringer 2x10 broke yesterday. (Note I have no interest in bashing behringer in this thread, I just want advice on a suitable replacement).

I'm still running the 300w BX3000t head, and I play funk (Some fingers some slap). Not looking to pay much over £300 if possible. :help:

Suggestions? Thanks guys. :smug:

3. Ended up buying a Warwick 211 pro 400w 2x10" cab today for £300. I think I will strip the speakers from my Behringer cab and see if I can use it to install either a single 15" speaker or 2x12" speakers...

I think my first priority though is changing my Behringer head - I have realised that with the prospect of gigs coming up buying cheap gear really is a false economy!