1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help! part I: Eden NSP 210 Cab or Ashdown MAG 210 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Santraginus, Jul 27, 2005.

1. :help:

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to put together my first "real" rig, and I'm stuck in the decision making process...
    First of all: Wich 2x10 to buy? After some research, there are two options: Eden NSP 210 vs. Ashdown MAG 210.

I'll be playing different styles of music - nearly everything except for heavy/rock/metal-kind of music... My main axe is a passive Hotwire Vintage 4.
    Sound-wise, I dig vintage sounds a lot, but not to an extreme. I think that both the Eden and Ashdown cab would provide me with some well-rounded, not too harsh sounds.

Since I don't have a chance to test these two cabs at a nearby shop: What are your experiences with them?

Be forwarned: Another question (on amps) is soon to come...

Thx a lot in advance!
    Michael

2. Bump.

Opinions on the Ashdown 2x10 cabs would be appriciated, as my behringer 2x10 broke yesterday. (Note I have no interest in bashing behringer in this thread, I just want advice on a suitable replacement).

I'm still running the 300w BX3000t head, and I play funk (Some fingers some slap). Not looking to pay much over £300 if possible. :help:

Suggestions? Thanks guys. :smug:

3. Ended up buying a Warwick 211 pro 400w 2x10" cab today for £300. I think I will strip the speakers from my Behringer cab and see if I can use it to install either a single 15" speaker or 2x12" speakers...

I think my first priority though is changing my Behringer head - I have realised that with the prospect of gigs coming up buying cheap gear really is a false economy!