Help planning a Tour

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by DeltaPhoenix, Nov 9, 2011.

1. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    My band is trying to do the groundwork for a couple of "mini" tours this summer. We have played with touring bands and do have a bit of networking done through that. I was wondering if anybody knows of any websites that list venues, type of music at the venue, and booking info for more than one city/area? I guess lots of time could be spent on Reverbnation trying to track that info down but a more focused comprehensive site would be awesome.
    Thanks for any help!

2. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    anybody?

3. mikegug

mikegug

Oct 31, 2011
    I plan on doing just that soon. Need to make sure I get into all possible festivals.

I think the answer is legwork and networking.

Call everyone asking, "Hey what festivals or venues should I know about this summer?" Then ask how you could help them so you aren't always known as the guy who asks for stuff. Networking should go both ways.

4. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    I guess this is still kind of oldschool, suprisingly. I figured there would be some DIY website with a network of people. Luckily, we donate our money to the touring bands when we play with them. So maybe the Karma will work it out too.

5. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    Check out this publication. It's got a good deal of info for venues all over the U.S. and Canada, along with industry listings for lawyers, booking agents, management companies, gear sales/rentals, transportation, labels, radio & other media outlets. It's about $14 on a newstand, but those contacts are pretty worthwhile.

6. Musicphan

Musicphan

Oct 11, 2008
  7. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Checking them out, thanks guys!

8. Mattosaur

Mattosaur

Jan 21, 2011
    Michigan
  9. deltadave

deltadave

May 5, 2010
  10. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    cool

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021