1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help please . . . saddle screws for mid-1980s Yamaha BB3000S bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rockdoc11, Apr 8, 2018.

1. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    Hi folks,

While I've been on TB a long time, I've rarely posted on this hardware forum. But I need some specialized help.

Years ago I picked up a Yamaha BB3000s, and it's one of my all time favorites. The bridge came to me very corroded, and I simply took it off and replaced it with a brass hi-mass Fender bridge. But I'd always had in mind that I wanted to restore it.

In starting that project this week, I badly damaged one of the bridge saddle screws. I may have a line on a replacement from a specialized hardware dealer, but it will be black with a set screw insert, not brass/gold with a slot.

These screws are slightly smaller in diameter than many bridge saddle screws, and have a very fine thread.

Any leads for replacements would be much appreciated. Thanks!

upload_2018-4-8_14-33-32.jpeg

2. Pug the Pig

Pug the Pig Inactive

Mar 21, 2018
    London
    Take it to a good old fashioned tool store where they do engineering stuff, get them to id the thread, then buy a few brass screws of that thread, doesn't matter what the head is, you carefully saw it off anyway, using a junior hacksaw, then saw a screwdriver slot in the top, job done....
    That's what I'd do anyhow..

3. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    Thanks for the response. The damaged screw is the one still in the saddle. As you can see, the slot was widened and damaged trying to get it out of the saddle.

I've actually considered doing something along the lines of what you suggested, and use a hacksaw to deepen the slot of that one a bit so I can still use it. But if I can get a replacement I'd prefer to go that way.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021