1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Please Support Local Music in CA

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pgolliher, Jun 13, 2012.

1. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Hi fellow bass players. There is a great local practice studio in Santa Cruz, CA that is trying to get a grant and could use our help. They are great people and they are invaluable to the SC music scene. They have a great blog for local musicians, have art shows, help promote bands, etc. This is a clean and professional place to play, run by a very nice young couple with a 4 year old and a new baby. It will just take a mintute, I promise. Thanks in advance. -Pat

1) go to http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/
    2) click "Log in & Support" icon
    3) Search for "Santa Cruz Rehearsal Studios" under Business Name
    4) Vote for them!

2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

It'll cost em a Cafe Borgia from Mr Toots :)

3. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Nice! I will make sure that Paul makes good on that! Do play around SC?

4. Funky Ghost

I lived in Capitola ( Soquel actually ) a long time ago :) I get up there about once a month. There are many TB folk in your neck of the woods. I'll let them reveal themselves, but it's a darn good group of humans with far more talent than I posses to be sure. :)

I voted :D

5. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    It's a great area with a lot of talented folks for sure. I have found out a few local TBers from my profile, but the funniest was a guy that lives three doors down. The day I got an extenson cab for my GK mb210, I cranked it up a bit and he caught me the next day at the mailbox. We had a half hour long bass nerd talk and found out he was on here too.

6. Funky Ghost

I keep going back up there in hopes of finding my best friend from high school, and the best drummer I've ever played with, David Eshelman. I've had zero success in 25+ years ( after I went into the military ) I know he moved back to SC, and I tried contacting a David Eshelman who lived there ( NOT my friend but a super cool college prof and pro brass player ) We've talked over the years as a result of that misfire :)

7. Don't rehearse in SC but my band has been looking to make a stop at the Catalyst down there on a Cali tour. I hear it's a great venue... end thread highjack

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Darn, it requires a Facebook account. Sorry, I'm out.

-Mike

9. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    No problem Mike, thanks for the effort! -Pat

10. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    When, type of music? There are some other cool venues here as well

11. pgolliher