help please w/swr sm900

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundsyco, Jul 31, 2004.

1. soundsyco

Jul 30, 2004
    Hi Everyone I have a swr sm-900 And yesterday for some reason that I havn't figured out yet, yesterday the amp kept clipping and the sound was far from being solid and loud enough to cut thru the guitars. I am waiting for a fuse cap for one of the channels so I only use one side of the amp, I don't know if that would cause it but I did switch out the swr and plugged in my gk 400rb and the sound I was looking for was back. To make a long story short is the fact that I am only using one side of the swr making my sound suffer. Thanks
  2. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    go to the Swr site read the owners manual. You may be having ohm issues,( you might have to bridge it or use the right combination of cabs to get the most effeciency preferably a minimum of 4 ohms a side) or not enough preamp volume to cause this. When used correctly they are huge. Also after you do all this try it with flat eq. You might be pleasantly shocked at the full range your bass is capable of.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if you're tying to run one channel with the switch in the back set to bridge mono mode that could cause some problems as well
  4. soundsyco

Jul 30, 2004
    I feel like an idiot. Thanks I did forget to flick the switch in the back so it won't be bridged. Man do I feel stupid. Again thanks