Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help Please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Warwick player, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Hi, just wondering if there are any of you knowlegdeable (sp) people out there that could point me in the direction of a website that could supply me with online printable template for a pickguard.

I have recently bought a new bass and I am looking to customise my old one, and since it has a large number of scratches all over the body i was thinking of putting a pickguard on it.

Thanks for any help!

Andy

P.s. The bass in question is an Ibanez GSR 200

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Why not trace the bass's body on a large sheet of paper and draw a pickguard on it?

When you get something that you think that you're happy with, cut it out and lay it on the bass' body to get a really good idea of what it would look like.

3. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I second that!

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nobody makes pickguards for Soundgears that I found. I went through the same thing you did a while ago and was >< this close to making one. Had it laid out and everything, but decided it wasn't worth the $50 or so to have it made.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Depending on what color you want the guard to be, materials aren't that expensive and a pickguard is a relatively easy thing to make.

Warwick player, were you thinking of making it yourself or having someone else do it?

You could always buff the scratches out of the body (if they're not through the color coat) and use a clear pickguard.

6. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Cheers people!

I'll do what Billy B said and trace out the body and get a good idea of what will look good!

Thanks

Andy