1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help Please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DubBeats CB, May 11, 2006.

1. I went to turn on my mesa boogie walkabout scout combo today and something went wrong......The only sound that comes out is a faint treble. It's wierd. I checked both jacks and the bass and nothing works. I used it a week ago and i was getting a wierd fuzz while i was using it and didn't think anything of it...no i can't get any sound.... are my tubes bad, do i need to replace them? Any help will be appreciated :help:

2. bump

3. MeYHymN

MeYHymN Habitual User

Nov 7, 2004
    Charleston, WV
    It's a tube amp, and not trying to sound pretentious, but it sounds as if you may not be experienced enough to be poking and proding around tubes. You could break something worse or kill yourself...and that is not a joke. Your best bet would be to take the amp into an actual tech. FWIW, sounds like you just need to replace some tubes, but I'm not suggesting you try this in case something goes wrong. It may cost you an extra $20 or $30 for the labor of the tech, but it'll be worth it. If your tech is friendly enough he'll let you watch and learn while he works on it.

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I have a Walkabout Scout and once had the same problem. It turned out to be a dirty bass pot and would cause the bottom end to completely drop out. It was intermittent and would clear up briefly by rotating the bass control.

When i got home it was an easy fix with some contact cleaner and I haven't had a problem since. I've used the amp for over 2 years now.

That's one thing you could try yourself first. There's a chance that could be problem. Check all the pots while you're at it.

If not, take it to a good tech and have it checked out. Could be a tube, or something else.