Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help please.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkspec, Feb 2, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Ok, heres the deal-o. I got a Kustom Lead Guitar Amp from school that was non functional. I fixed it with some duct-tape on the head. I have no use for it since I have a bass and it sounds distorted. My question is, Im planing on getting a Hartke 3500 head sometime in may/june. Can i use the speaker from the guitar combo till i can afford a Avatar 4X10. The Kustom combo has a open back so I can reqire it in like 5.2 seconds. But will It blow out the speaker? I plan on giving the Kustom cab to my girlfriend late this summer when she starts learning guitar. Oh yeah.... I aslo have a Fender BassMan 15B crap combo amp, is their anyway I can use the hartke on it?

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    You can use the Kustom speaker to hear yourself at quiet practice volumes. You will probably damage it if you try to use it with a drummer. However, if you already have a bassman practice combo, you have the bedroom practice angle covered, so leave the poor Kustom alone and give it your girlfriend now.

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Or you could do a good deed and return it to your school so that future generations of young musicians can learn to play on it.

4. Dude, BASS ****S UP GUITAR SPEAKERS. LEAVE IT ALONE, GIVE IT BACK TO YOUR SCHOOL.

And the 3500 Hartke head is good. Get an Avatar speaker cab.

5. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    My school has a Giant Fender Guitar Amp. My band teacher gave me the Kustom because I help him out alot and such. Its going to my girlfriend this summer. Thanx for the help guys, guess Ill have a amp and no speakers for a while. Ive decided on the 3500 and the B410.