Help pls!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Aug 6, 2003.

1. My band is getting started up again, and I really need a more powerful rig. Sorry, I know everyone asks this. But I was looking at a head/cab setup, and although I would love an aggy head, its just too much money. So I was thinking an ampeg b series head with maybe an aggy 112 or 212 cab. What would you suggest? Would a power/pre amp setup be better? We play smaller gigs, usually schools, quite a few outdoors, gyms, clubs, stuff like that. But I would still like something a little more than the bare minimum so that if we get into some larger ones, I can still be heard. THNX! O, and I am just using a peavy basic 112 right now.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    If your wanting to use your rig as a monitor and pluggin into p.a. then two 112s and 300-600watts head should be fine. if you can never seem to get enough volume get a 410 and a 115 and at least 800w head. you don't have to get separate pre and amp unless you want to go over 800watts. thats what I'd do.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I would definitely go with a 400-600 watt head, and a couple cabs. From what I have learned around here, a 210 and a 115 will be just great for what you will be playing.

If you have enough cash, get a 410 that produces a good low end. With that head, and two cabs you are ready for any venue. You can make a couple different combos to suit where you are playing. I think the big thing for us bass guys is flexibility. Makes ya look more pro also. :)