Help: plugging stereo in bass rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gomex, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Gomex

Jan 7, 2005
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this but having bought my new rig yesterday (Warick Profet 4, eden 410) I was wondering if it is okay to plug my dvd player into it and use it as a stereo (well technically it'd be a mono). Would this damage it at all, like maybe the impedence running from the dvd player is different from an instrument, etc. I'm still babying this amp and don't want it to get damaged,
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Won't damage it at all... I use my bass amp for parties and such.
  3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    What about playing a guitar through a bass amp. i have seen people told off for doing this. What if the DVD was to have some guitar song!!
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Everything can go into a bass rig. A bass, organ or synth can damage some guitar speakers.
  5. Wow!!!! I want a rig that shows DVD video...Doe's it really show a picture on the speaker?? How do they do that???
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    What I used to do was insert a small Behringer mixer between preamp and power amp. You could run the preamp into one channel of the mixer, your DVD source into another (or two of them, etc.).

I didn't use a CD player but did run a drum machine and guitar amp modeler through my bass rig...worked great!!!!