1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help... power supply related (xvive v19, tonehammer,...)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnpaulbass, Sep 27, 2019.

1. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    Endorsing Artist: Gr Bass, Pyramid Strings, MPE Audio
    Hello guys,

I need help... I'm planning to do myself a "in ear" pedal board which will be very simple:

aguilar tonehammer - compressor (mxr m87 probably) - tuner (boss pedal tuner)

I would like to put this on a pedaltrain nano and would like to run everything through a Xvive v19 (https://www.thomann.de/gb/xvive_v19_micro_power.htm) power supply (putting the tonehummer in the 18v input and the other 2 pedals in the 9v inputs).

Will be there enough power or is better to leave the aguilar tonehammer having it's own "power" using it's original power supply ?

Besides the xvive, do you have any other suggestions for a power supply (links, pedals,...)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. The 18v output of the Xvive provides just 150ma. This might not be enough juice but there's no chance of any harm by trying.
    The specs for the supplied adapter ask for 500ma but it will draw much less in reality.
    Plug it in, if it works you're good. If not, keep looking.....
    There are several old threads about the TH and its power consumption that would be worth reading or you could call Aguilar directly and ask. They answer the phone and are famously helpful.

johnpaulbass likes this.
  3. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    Thanks for the reply..

I was surfing on the net and found this thing... (instead of the xvive...)

DC5 Link – CIOKS

I think it's quite cool

4. Chadwic

Chadwic

Jul 10, 2017
    I was wondering the same thing, and was looking at the truetone cs7. Did you find a power supply that successfully powered the tonehammer?

5. Tonehammer draws just a few ma so 150 is more than enough. And it can be driven from 9-18V. It will only be a little more dirty at 9V.

johnpaulbass and Chadwic like this.
  6. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia

I have. xvive power supply, and I do put the 18v to power the aguilar.

it works perfectly

XVive V19 Micro Power – Thomann UK

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021