I just ran into a big problem ( for me at least ) with the top for my first bass. I had run my two bookmatched pieces through a joiner, cut out a notch to fit around my fretboard, and glued and clamped it just before I went on a little vacation with my family last week. This weekend I glued the top to my body and left it clamped-up for 24 hours or so. I had wax paper covering the top to keep the clamps from getting glued to anything so I couldn't see the top very well while it was clamped up and drying. I removed the clamps Monday after work and found under the wax paper that my joined top had seperated along the centerline from the fretboard for about 5 or 6 inches toward the end of the body. It's not a huge opening - I can just get an exacto blade in there. I can't figure out what happened and need some advise for a fix. I/m open to all suggestions because it all looks really good except for that stinkin' gap.