1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help putting casters on my Ashdown ABM 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by triggervision, Feb 22, 2008.

1. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    I need/want to put casters on this cab but am unsure on how to approach it. I do know I want to put locking casters but am unsure of what would be good to buy as well as how to put them on. Anyone with some helpful advice/experience that could throw me some input? Thanks a lot guys.

2. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    I used to have a Fender BXR300C combo amp that came from the factory with casters. They where the post and socket type and they worked real well. I liked the fact that I could pull them off real quick it I wanted too for wobbly, uneven stages,etc Sometimes I would pull the back 2 off and it would tilt the amp back just enough.

In lieu of that I would:

Always go slightly bigger in diameter than you think. Bigger wheels roll over uneven surfaces much better than smaller ones.

Consider an industrial style set-up with 2 being swivel style and at least one of those being lockable.

JKT

3. I stuck just your typical 2.5" black plastic casters on my Laney a while back. Not sure how they'll stand up to a long haul across pavement, but they roll nicely on carpet, tile, hardwood...

Cost me $16 at Home Despot for four swivel casters (one which locked) and screws.