1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! QSC PLX3002 channel 1 crapping out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NickFromNY, May 26, 2011.

1. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I am using a BBE Bmax preamp into a QSC PLX3002 into a Markbass Traveler 15 cab (400 watts at 8 ohms). I am running the amp in stereo (550 watts a side at 8). When i run the set up through Channel 2 of the power amp, it is great. no problems. When I plug into channel 1, the sound gets very low and distorted and craps out. I checked all components. the cab is fine, not blown. works great with all of my other power amps. Preamp is fine too. It is just channel 1 of the QSC. I have a gig tomorrow night and I want to use the QSC. Is it safe to use just channel 2 or can I expect that one to go as well? I guess my question is how separate are the stereo channels in 2 channel amps? Any ideas on what can be going on with channel 1?

thanks

2. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    After doing some thread reading and checking my serial number (which indicates a 1998 build date), I think I may have faulty ribbon connectors. Since QSC is no longer replacing them under warranty, how involved is the repair? Am I looking at a sub $100 repair or should I be ready to shell out much more? (assuming that there are no other issues that spring up)

3. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    This seems to be the cable in question. It's $2.46 from QSC. You'll probably pay more in shipping...

Also try the QSC Audio support forum.