HELP!! Question!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eargasm, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Eargasm

Jan 27, 2004
    My fellow bassists,

I was thinking about picking up this bass

and I was wondering if anyone has ever played it and what they thought of it. In addition (mostly), I am confused about the knob configuration. It says it has a 3-band active EQ, so I assume that three knobs are used for that. So the fourth knob must be then used for the volume of the pickups. Is the fourth knob used to control the volume of both of the pickups simultaneously, or does it split the volume of each of the pickups (25/75, 50/50, 75/25, etc)? I also noticed that the bottom most knob looks like it has two knobs stacked on top of one another. Maybe that is to seperately control the volumes?

Thanks in advance

PS: Please no Fender bashing or "don't get that bass, get brand x." I just need someone's opinion on this specific bass.
  2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    If you notice that the knob on the bottom is actually a stacked knob, two knobs on one shaft. I am not familiar with the set up on this particular bass, but I bet that it is a stacked treble/bass pot. That would leave the other three to be volume, balace and the mid range.

3. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
  4. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Expand the picture, the bottom knob is clearly a stacked knob.
  5. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Yeah, it's a stacked knob. SMG was probably right.

Thats a nice lookin' bass! ;)