1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help!! recently re set up my bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Benberg, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Benberg

Benberg

Jan 30, 2011
    and my E string has an almost auto wah sound to it when i plug in

I'm pretty sure its not my pickups because i can slightly hear it when playing unplugged, but it has that

"wobwobowob" kind of sound that goes slowly

*not like dubstep*

2. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    Whenever I have this problem, I usually clear up the issue by pressing down lightly on the string at the saddle. Do this and then re-tune. Should take care of it.

3. Benberg

Benberg

Jan 30, 2011
    thanks for the info, but that didn't help me!

still looking for some help!

4. Are they new strings? Could be a faulty string?

5. Benberg

Benberg

Jan 30, 2011
    no, I had them on before and they sounded fine. But I cut it(a little too short), and it only wraps around the pole about once. Would that be great enough to cause the effect?

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Sounds like E side of the pickup(s) is too high, influencing the movement of the string.

7. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    The pickup magnet is always on (whether the bass is plugged in or not) so that's the first thing that comes to mind.

8. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Push down on the string between the nut and tuning post.
    If the sound gets better, get a new E string. You need more wraps on the post to get a steeper angle over the nut.