help replacing my broken bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by streamerstii, Sep 13, 2004.

1. hey guys,
    my bass (schecter elite 5) has recently taken a **** and i need to find a replacement for it, i'd like to spend up to a max of 800 dollars and just need a really good quality, versitle, sturdy 5 string bass that sounds really good, plays well and can take a little abuse. I'm not gonna ask you which i should buy but rather which ones i should check out because i'd never want to buy a bass without trying it. I have in mind right now a yamaha trb-1005 but theres very little information about it online and i can't find any in stores. Any help would be great.

-ryan

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The Yamaha should be a good pick, their TRB stuff is known for quality, and has wide spacing at the bridge, if that is what you prefer.

If you don't mind used, there are a lot of options for you. I have seen stuff like Peavey Cirrus, Pedulla Rapture, and Stingray fives all go in that range. Plus a lot of other stuff too.

New, I would look at a Lakland 55-01. Killer bass for the price. My wife is wanting to sell hers, and I find myself wishing that I had the money to buy it from her. Some days I like the way it sounds better than my boutique stuff.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

By the way, what happened to your Schecter? I don't have much experience with the newer models, but they have a reputation for being solid, good sounding basses.