Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help replacing my broken bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by streamerstii, Sep 13, 2004.

1. hey guys,
    my bass (schecter elite 5) has recently taken a **** and i need to find a replacement for it, i'd like to spend up to a max of 800 dollars and just need a really good quality, versitle, sturdy 5 string bass that sounds really good, plays well and can take a little abuse. I'm not gonna ask you which i should buy but rather which ones i should check out because i'd never want to buy a bass without trying it. I have in mind right now a yamaha trb-1005 but theres very little information about it online and i can't find any in stores. Any help would be great.

-ryan

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Yamaha should be a good pick, their TRB stuff is known for quality, and has wide spacing at the bridge, if that is what you prefer.

If you don't mind used, there are a lot of options for you. I have seen stuff like Peavey Cirrus, Pedulla Rapture, and Stingray fives all go in that range. Plus a lot of other stuff too.

New, I would look at a Lakland 55-01. Killer bass for the price. My wife is wanting to sell hers, and I find myself wishing that I had the money to buy it from her. Some days I like the way it sounds better than my boutique stuff.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

By the way, what happened to your Schecter? I don't have much experience with the newer models, but they have a reputation for being solid, good sounding basses.