1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help request - transciribing simple double bass solo-intro to a song

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Spidzior, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Spidzior

Spidzior

Dec 22, 2011
    Poland
    Kaliber 44- Wena - YouTube

Here's what I got, might include some mistakes:

0:01 C2 C#2 E2 D#2 D2 C2 C#2 E2 E1

0:07 C3 C#3 E3 D#3 D3 C3 C#3 E3 E2 E2

0:13 G2 G#2 A2 A2 A2 A2 A2 or G2 G#2 A2 A/G#/A - I have a problem, don't know if I should hit the A several times or hammer\slide the second option (trying to recreate this as closely as possible on a fretted electric bass)

0:16 C3 C#3 E3 C3/C#3 C#3

then, from 0:21 I think it's C#/C several times in different patterns, then I get lost :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Salty

Salty

Oct 24, 2005
    New York, NY
    Hey Spizidor

I saw your post in the other thread and checked out the recording.

First off I'm pretty sure that once the vocal/rapping comes in it is actually not a real bass- were you aware of that?

Second, from the initial listening it seems that there is quite a lot of looping or bass ostinatos happening there. The only way to not get lost is to notate it or get to know the song so well that you literally memorize the other parts as well so you know where you are.

Good luck

3. Spidzior

Spidzior

Dec 22, 2011
    Poland
    I had thought that when the verse starts it's a standard electric bass but after listening closer I came to a conclusion that it's probably together with a double bass. Listening to it now I'm quite confused... Furthermore, what about the outro?

4. Hey I'm not sure if your octave numbers change over at A or C. I go by A1 is the lowest note on the piano, A2 the lowest A on the bass... G#1 goes up to A2.

0:13 G2 G#2 A3 A2 A2 A3

0:16 C3 C#3 E3, C3 C#3 C#3 A2

From 0:21 you pretty much described it. Sing it over and over again till you can remember it, and then play it.

The basic chords are I iii ii V
    A ,C#m, Bm, E

Take your time and let the music sink in to your ear.

5. Spidzior

Spidzior

Dec 22, 2011
    Poland
    Many thanks longfinger! I'm not an aducated musician so I wouldn't know about the numering.