Help required (seeking recommendations)

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Chops, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Chops

Dec 12, 2004

Although not a musician myself, I love the sound of the double bass more than any other instrument. I am currently seeking modern albums and artists (1996 onwards) that contain big fat juicy basslines created with a double bass (good examples being Micatone, Cinematic Orchestra, Red Snapper etc, where the bass is up high in the mix). I seem to have hit a brick wall and have fortunately stumbled across this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    Big Fat Juicy means diff things to diff people - I'm guessing you're not looking for Jazz records??? why 1996-onward?

When I think Big Fat Juicy Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy, I think of older recordings - like the sound of a KAY with gut strings.

Can you be more specific?
  3. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    you wouldn't be looking for great bass sounds to lift and sample would you? :eyebrow:
  4. Chops

Dec 12, 2004
    Put your eyebrow down and stop being so suspicious ;) . I'm just looking for your recommendations of modern music albums with huge double bass basslines that I can purchase and listen to :eek:. I found this site through a Google search and thought it/you could be of use. I have no clue of lifting and sampling. I'm not a musician, as I prefaced my post.

Frankly, no. again, I'm just a layman. I'm just looking for modern albums. I understand that big, fat & juicy means diff things for diff folks, so interpret that how you will (the artists I mentioned are the best examples I could think of). It just seems that there is no way of searching the internet for this kind of music. So I thought a site dedicated to the bass (and with its own db forum) might be a good start :eek: .