1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP! RondoMusic.com online store. I'm from Argentina

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NahuelCC, Apr 23, 2009.

1. NahuelCC

NahuelCC

May 7, 2008
    Hi guys!
    I want to buy a SX SPB-57 but I can't find any in my country (Argentina). I was thinking in buying it in RondoMusic.com online store but....
    ... I read the "Return Policy" (http://www.rondomusic.com/returns.html) and it says:

"Items shipped outside the US and Canada are sold as is - no warranty":bawl:

"Customers that received the wrong item or damaged items may elect to have the item replaced or refunded"
    This is valid for Items shipped outside the US and Canada? :confused:

So... I want to know if any of you ever buyed (outside US & Canada) trough RondoMusic.com online store.

Thanks for your help :help:
    (sorry for my bad english)

2. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    I also looked into their warranty and return policy and decided it was worth the risk. I bought a 5 string jazz from rondo and it arrived in Australia within a week.

There was a problem with one of the tuners, it was defective. While my bass was not covered under rondo's waranty once I explained the problem clearly to Kurt and he worked out it was a defective tuner he promptly posted one out to me and I had it again in less than a week. So while there is no waranty as such they sure do have great customer service.

3. NahuelCC

NahuelCC

May 7, 2008
    Thanks for your reply!
    In your particular case... the shipping was by plain?
    So... can I select the shipping method? Or depend on my location??

Another question:
    If the bass didn't reach destination, FedEx took responsibility and pay for it???

I also read this: "Customers ordering guitars outside the US are required to order cases and must provide a phone number for customs"
    So... I have to buy a Bass Case to?

4. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I think they just want you to buy a case so it's more protected in shipping as opposed to their regular cardboard shipping case. I know my bass was shipped by UPS just few states away and UPS left it out in the rain. (Had to call a friend to bring it inside for me while I was at work...)

5. NahuelCC

NahuelCC

May 7, 2008
    Oh... UPS sucks. I hope that FedEx do a good job. I will consider to buy Case.

"...must provide a phone number for customs."
    It means that I can ask for a custom replacement part such a Bad Ass II bridge??? (Very hard to find in my country). Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Not that kind of "customs."
    The government's customs office.

7. Todo es mas complicado en Argentina... nunca se sabe lo que se va a pagar en la aduana... Son una manga de chorros !!!

Everything is more complicated in Argentina... You never know in advance, how much you'll have to pay... Custon fees are a changing thing... Foreing musical instruments could cost in Argentina up to 3 times the price in the United States, and even more...

8. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    That may be a new policy, or I ordered mine without a case. Either way my bass was not double boxed and the one box it came in was not exceptionaly thick. I'd strongly recomend you buy atleast the deluxe gig bag to give it that extra bit of protection. And giving your phone number for customs is good, they can call you if there is a problem.

At the end of the day there is only one way to find out if it will work or not.. buy the bass.

And yes, we have the same unfair over inflated prices for music gear here in Australia too. We should form a "We pay too much for our gear club".

9. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    yeah Aduana=customs...like the european guy said! lol

10. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    With warranty you will find its not only SX, If I bought a Fender( only using as example same with Music Man etc ) in the states & import it to Oz , I dont think I would have any warranty ( unless I sent it back ).
    This is some thing you have to way up when you get some thing imported. My SX neck arrived safe & well.

11. NahuelCC

NahuelCC

May 7, 2008
    Thank you all for your reply!
    Here in Argentina (Santa Fe, Rosario) the SX SPJ-62 cost $280 http://www.olimusic.com/ProductInfo...b=Bajo+Electrico&mar=Sx&lin=all&pago=0&init=0 . In the USA it cost only $99 without shipping cost ($123).

Agree with that!!! can you make the thread?

Right, but... if the bass didn't reach destination, FedEx took responsibility and pay for it???

12. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Right, but... if the bass didn't reach destination, FedEx took responsibility and pay for it???[/QUOTE]

Hi guess if you took insurance with it as Rondo if its insured or how much extra.
    I bought my neck 18 months ago so I dont rember if it was insured or not

13. NahuelCC

NahuelCC

May 7, 2008
    mmmm... sorry, I don't understand:confused:

14. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    Me neither :confused: Rosario? Leproso o Canalla? Suerte con tu bajo, yo compre la semana pasada un sx shortscale y estoy satisfecho con mi compra, llego en buen estado, solamente le hize algunos ajustes menores.