1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Saddle bridge problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Stan_da_man, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    I was changing the G string on my Status Energy and noticed the pole holding the saddle in place was a little loose. I tightened it but didn't notice how far back the saddle came! It's now stuck and won't budge and I don't how to move it back forward. The gold circles show where the saddle was originally placed.

I've got some gigs coming soon and I'd like to have this sorted ASAP. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    take the tension off the other strings and it should come loose.

3. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    You mean loosen them at their machine heads?

4. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    yes.

5. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

Yes,That is what he's saying

6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Looks like you removed the intonation screw. IIRC, a few Status bridges had locking hex set-screws located on the side(s) of the bridge block which jammed the saddles together. If that's the case, loosen up the set-screw and you should be good to go.

Riis

7. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Cheers mate! That did the trick.

8. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA

"Wile E. Coyote....Genius!" Have a great day. I'm off to a Labor Day gig at the American Legion.

Riis