1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP! Saddle screws for Fender Jaguar Modern Player

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bools, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Bools

Bools

Aug 28, 2016
    First time poster and a pretty mundane question sorry. I have just played a gig in Berlin and lost a saddle screw from my FJMP. Now I am back in Netherlands and my bass in France so I can't do any meaningful comparisons with my other basses. Does anyone know which other saddle screws fit the FJMP? I've tried finding FJMP spares online but can't find anything specific. Or indeed, where I might order some FJMP spares from?

Another saddle screw (also on the E saddle - I play with a pick and hit it hard) had also fallen out. I'm way too old to modify my playing style...is this a problem with FJMPs? Me? Or an unfortunate consquence of the two?

By the way, I LOVE this bass as much or more than any I have owned. Such a workhorse. And so much fun to play.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP PEOPLE.

2. You may be forced to replace the bridge if you can't find replacements, but if you can figure out the thread and size, you can order replacements from any standard bolt & screw online source.

If you can find replacement saddles for the bridge, they should come with set screws.

When you find replacement screws, as you set them use clear nail polish on each set screw to keep if from moving or falling out. $1 (or the equivalent) buys peace of mind.

3. Bools

Bools

Aug 28, 2016
    Thanks for the tip Pilgrim. When I find a saddle screw (or saddles with screws) I shall deploy the nail-polish.
    By the way, my wife is from near Fort Collins and we were there last year on my first visit to the "west" of the US. Lovely place. Good folk.

4. C'mom back and go on a craft brew tour! Latest count is 21 craft breweries and one craft cidery.