1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help setting up my Pandora with a Power Block and a Peavey Cab ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NickInMesa, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I currently use a Pandora PX4D to practice with headphones.

I connect my PC to play Guitar Pro tabs or music from Rhapsody (and sometimes MP3 but I am the type of guy to pay for the music he listens to).

I just got a Peavey Tour 210 cab, and I already had a Crate Power Block waiting for a cab.

I would like to know the best way to connect my Pandora to my Crate, while waiting for a Line6 Pod.

What would be the best way to do that?

I suppose I then should just connect my bass to the Pandora to model my sound and do some EQ?

I am still debating between a Line6 or pedals (I am a band less returning bassist, still practicing before looking for a band).

Thanks in advance!

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    *bump*

3. Nick... you want to fab up a RCA setup to go directly into the the back (aux in) of the back of your amp. This will bi pass the preamp... as you're aware this little amp was marketed for guitars. You may need to fab up a cord (stereo 1/4-2RCAs?)..

I commonly go.... bass in the front.. headphones out of the front.... ipod (1/8Yto 2 RCA) in the back (bought this cord at Radio Shack)

This does make a cool practice rig as you're prepped and ready to bring an ipod to your practice area.

While a Crate Power Block isn't a botique 4# amp.. it is a little tougher.. has direct XLR out - I only paid $75 for mine (new in the box)

T.