1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Soldering Audere Pro Z?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Trus3683, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Trus3683

Trus3683

Feb 14, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    I bought an Audere Pro Z preamp on a whimto have an interesting project. Gutted my six string, but I'm having issues getting it working - I followed the instructions exactly - but there is simply zero sound coming out. The LED will light up blue when I place my input jack in.

I shielded the bass with conductive adhesive copper tape and taped in a guitar string linking the pickup cavities to the control cavity. I have the cavity going to the output ground and the brisge ground doing the same.

I soldered the pickup hots to the individual wires mentioned, and soldered the pickup grounds together, and then to green/white, as instructed.
    Yet: no sound.
    Is it simply my bad soldering? Am I missing something stupid?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I'm sure they're probably there but you never know.....I don't see any battery wires.

3. Trus3683

Trus3683

Feb 14, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    The battery is there! The black wire is connected to one of the output jack terminals to the battery.

4. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Check the output jack connections.(power is correct since led flashes)

5. Trus3683

Trus3683

Feb 14, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    It took some brainstorming, but on a whim I decided to swap the hot and battery wires on the output jack - leaving the center ground - and it worked absolutely perfectly. Weird.