1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help solve the mystery!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Widgetmann, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Widgetmann

Widgetmann

Oct 4, 2006
    I recently bought a used custom boogie body 4 string bass for my son with 2 tek bridge, SD pickups, bolt on neck with 2 rosewood strips through the entire length, and ebony fingerboard with only 2 offset dots inlayed on the 12th fret. But most notably it has a waving union jack paint job that gives an awesome 3-D effect. The back is white with a small gold signature, Kerkof. I was told that this was a NAMM show demo but I am not sure who the luthier / painter was. I would love to know the background of this bass and luthier as well as the year it was built. Anyone have ideas?

2. pics?

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Yep. We need pics brother.

4. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I see your new so you will be forgiven but there is an un official rule around here

NO PICS, NO BASS

But sounds good from your description ;-)

5. Widgetmann

Widgetmann

Oct 4, 2006
    Thanks guys, will work on taking a pic this weekend!

6. richmiller

richmiller

Sep 5, 2010
    I traded this same bass on Harmony Central in 2000 or 2001. The signature on the back is by the painter. This was the last bass he painted before he passed away. The bass was a NAMM show bass and was also appeared in a Guitar/Bass Buyers Guide. I used it as a stage bass on a regular basis for a couple of years before foolishly trading it off. Please contact me if you know it's whereabouts.

7. Bubbabass547

Bubbabass547

Oct 21, 2017
    Hi rich, I am said son from original post. This bass brought me through music school and has been by my side ever since. I stumbled upon this post and wanted you to know that it's got a good home.

charlie monroe likes this.
  8. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Eleven years and still no pics. :(

FloridaSam and Baird6869 like this.
  9. Bubbabass547

Bubbabass547

Oct 21, 2017
    IMG_0947.JPG
    The wait is over :)

Attached Files:

back4more, cdef, mech and 1 other person like this.
  10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Great paint job!

11. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Thanks for not teasing us. That's a beautiful bass. Looks like a fine piece of kit, too.

12. Bubbabass547

Bubbabass547

Oct 21, 2017
    Plays like a dream ;)

back4more likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021