Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help! something is wrong with my VOX!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 90_feet, Mar 25, 2001.

1. 90_feet

90_feet

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi all. i got a VOX amp for christmas and every thing was going fine untill 3 months ago it would get to the point were i would get a fuzzy sound distortion my dad orginally thought (btw i'm 11) it was a blow speaker but it would be clear for a while. so he got a new capasator and the didn't work he got it fix but there is something rattling around please help! fell free to im me or reach me on ICQ i'm on mostly all the time except for school! bye

2. Does it have a gain knob? If it does turn that down a little bit, along with the volume. If it has a headphone jack, plug in some headphones and see if it still distorts. If it doesn't, it probably is the speaker.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    How big is the amp? I remember in the days when I used to practise in my uncle's flat, he had a little (and I mean tiny!) Vox bass amp. After a few weeks of use (And I only used it once a week), it started distorting badly, and eventually packed in.

My uncle told me he'd only had it a month or two (though I'm not too sure about the validity of those claims...), and that I was responsible - considering I was so bad in those days (and pobably even now...) the rest of the band used to turn me down (really!) - but that's another story...

To be honest, a few people have said that Vox are more or less living on their reputation at the moment, with their combos at least. If you only got it for Christmas, it should still be under warranty - either take it back where you got it from, or contact Vox themselves.