1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help: Suggestions for a new bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crgex, Apr 27, 2009.

1. crgex

crgex

Apr 19, 2008
    I'm one of the officers for a music organization at my university and we're looking to buy a house bass amp for our school. We currently have a Crate BX-100 100W bass amp, but the person who owns it is graduating next year. So we have to get a new amp soon. We're pretty satisfied with the performance of this amp (could be more powerful) since we play in the school auditorium and sometimes in small club venues.

We're looking to buy an combo amp that's a little bit more powerful, in the 200-300W range. Wheels are nice too. Since the school is paying for the amp, cost isn't a big concern. Just as long as it's reasonable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking the Ampeg BA300/115 1x15 300W, Ampeg BA115HPT 1X15 220W, or the Fender Bassman 250/115 250W.

Thanks!

2. lorenk

lorenk

Apr 8, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    I'd vote the Fender Bassman. Those things are pretty good :)

Edit:
    Haven't had any experience, but I know Carvin makes some cheap amps that get favorable reviews around here...might wanna check those badboys out.