1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help to choose new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diegombass, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    Hi, here looking for your wisdom.

I play a lot of genres: electric blues, jazz, funk, rock, classical... Electric bass, semihollowed with magnetic and piezo pickup, upright bass. With some effects: comp, OD, envelope filter, "analog" octave down, digital octave up... Delays, reverb... Depends on situation.

Depends on acoustics/mood I need a versatil amp and cab. Sometimes I need tightness, sometimes looseness. Sharpness vs smoothness. OD and furriness vs clearness. Or a mix of everything, but usually with a lot of low frequency.

Now I own a Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.2-12T and L6 Helix Effects (without amp emulations). This upgrade is for getting more headroom and low end, I play outdoors very often.

I need versatility, so I am almost sure about cabs: Fearless F112+ 12sub.

And I like the natural compression and harmonic richness of tubes (and portability) so I am thinking about hybrid amps: Mesa TT-800 or WD-800. I like the eq of the WD, but I don't know if that voicing would be much coloured for me or it can be regulated by Gain knob. I like the two channels of TT-800 but I don't know if I would need more eq possibilities..

Please, feel free to suggest amps and cabs

Thank you!!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020