1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help to find a new bass !!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by morris888, Jul 30, 2007.

1. morris888

morris888

Jul 25, 2007
    I want to buy a new bass guitar, I am looking foe 5 string models and I need some help to choose a bass. I have used an ibanez sr and a yamaha rbx 375, I liked those models. I want to spend 400-700 US$$. Please tell me if the ibanez and the yamaha are good basses and recommend me other models. :bassist:

2. charic

charic

Apr 17, 2006
    Cambridge
    The yammys are great sounding and very versatile. I personally dont like the sound of ibbys but each to their own. Try some higher end 5's (avoid the gas) and just look for some features of those that you like in a cheaper bass. Ill chuck in a few names that ive tried and liked.

Yamaha RBX or TRB series
    Warwick rockbass series? Or 2nd hand wick if ur lucky
    Cort

Maybe try an SX bass? I hear good things. If you try a 5 and like the feel they are very easily customisable.

Oh and possibly check out peavey or esp, they have some cheaper level basses that are quite usable.

Play around, its your best option

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    check out the G&L Tribute l-2500 -- hard to beat for the price
    Just don't be intimidated by the electronics package; it's quite useable once you get used to it.

My (used) Tribute l-2500 cost me much less than my (new) Ibanez sr905 and I play it alot more.

You might also look at the Schecter stuff.

4. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    If you are serious about a 5er, I would look for a used Lakland 55-01. Its a great intermediate model for the money and the low B is more solid than anything else in the price range IME. The G&L L2500 is not a bad bet either though.

5. Ibanez are really nice basses for the money, especially the ATKs if you like a bigger bass. Lately I've become fond of the playability of my Schecter, its smooth and sounds great. My preference may not work for everyone but its worth a shot. As much as I love my 5 I find the string spacing isn't the best for slapping, but the 5th string makes a great thumbrest.

6. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    I just helped a student decide on a Cort Curbow 5, she specifically wanted a smaller headstock....hers is blue.

It was around $600cdn, and it is quite stunning.

But, I would also look at Ibanez, and/or Dean