1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP TO PICK A BERGANTINO 2X10 (HT VS HS)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by modulusan, Jan 14, 2013.

1. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    hello, I have a swr super redhead combo and I already have a swr basic 1x15 cab under it...
    a friend mine has two bergs...a HT210 and HS210.
    please let me know which cab will work better in your experience....
    do you think the berg cab under the combo will add better sound? my concern is the low end.... options are:

1) keep the swr basic 15.
    2) sell the swr and....put a HS210 or Ht210 bergantino under...

thanks for the help!

2. The HT210 is large, heavy, very deeply voiced in the low end, polite mids, and a very hi fi top end. So, in a way, it kind of lines up with the classic SWR tone. However, it is always a guess regarding how one very differently voiced cab will behave with another cab. It will definitely add more real low end than you are getting with that particular 115, but it will do so at the expense of efficiency, which means your rig might not be quite as lound.

The HS210 is much smaller (thinner front to back), much more midrange focused, and higher efficiency (louder per watt). That too would be a different voicing than the internal 210, but if your primary goal is more low end, the HT210 would probably be the thing.

3. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    like Ken said above.
    I agree totally. the Ht210 will serve your purpose best.

4. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    thanks guys...I think HT is the ticket....!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021