1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help: Touch Sensitive Footswitch for a Looper to use with OC-2/anything?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by icarussmicarus, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Hello.

One thing I like to do when playing music is to drop the OC-2 in for one note or a couple notes randomly in a riff.

It's sortof hard to do because in order to get one note in you need to turn it on and off again perfectly between notes.

Atm I'm doing a stupid not always reliable stomping dance number to pull it off.

I was wondering if there was something like a touch sensitive footswitch looper that would help me out?

The idea would be is the pedal is only on while the footswitch is pressed down, but turns off as the pressure is released.

Maybe a custome looper idea to send to barge?

Any help is appreciated.

2. All you need is a bypass looper with a momentary switch instead of a standard bypass switch. You could easily make one or have loop-master make one if you're not into soldering.

3. The most soldering I've ever done is to reattach a battery clip to my old Russian Muff. So me making things isn't gonna happen :p

4. If it's worth (to you) spending the bucks contact one of the companies that makes loop bypass pedals and ask them to make one with a momentary (or non-latching; the terminology varies I've found) footswitch instead of the usual latching. The wiring is EXACTLY the same so it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg extra.

But seriously - the wiring in one of these things is truly dead simple and would be a real easy beginner's project; there's no actual "electronics" involved. It's all just wiring between a couple of jacks and a switch.

5. I'd also like to use it normally. Probablly my ideal would be 2 OC-2's rehoused into a box where one has momentary control and the other is just normal operation.

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I'm no wiring guru by any stretch of the word, but I'm sure that if you emailed loop master and/or barge concepts they'd tell you how feasible/possible it would be to have a loop pedal made with a standard bypass switch as well as a momentary switch should you really want to go that route.

7. I believe that by "feasible / possible" The Mutt really means "in your budget / not in your budget." Electronically it is absolutely feasible and probably not exponentially more expensive than the non-latching alone. That said, don't come looking for me in a legal battle if it costs more than I imagine. :bag:

8. This would be real easy to do as it just involves a second switch - it ain't rocket science. :)

9. Doesn't Boss use digital switching? i believe that might make rehousing the pedals kinda tricky unless you put the two pedals and the looper switch in one big box, which would be pretty big. I think the looper with the momentary switch would be the best way to go.
    I am sure someone would be glad to make one for you (And charge you 200% profit) or since you said you once re-soldered a battery connection, I have full faith that you could do it yourself for super cheap--loop pedals are probably the easiest thing you could build.

10. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    There is a guy on the gear page who makes tap-tampo and mini-bypass boxes in a variety of custom flavors on the cheap.

I got a tiny external box for my rc-2 from him. High quality, very small, well made... took about 2 weeks to get to my door.

Here is a link to his post there...
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=491371

11. I've dropped an email to the guy on the gear page. We'll see what happens from here!