1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP! trouble with GK MB2 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blindeddie, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ok, i have an older GK MB2 500, and it's been great, but last night at band practice, i plugged in, turned on and WOAH! ***?!?! it made a sizzling sound and the first note i hit buzzed and hissed like basket full of rattlesnakes. as the note "rung out", the signal would cut out repeatedly. probably 7 or 8 cuts during the decay of the sustained note. the initial buzz-crackle-pop was loud and sizzled like mad. and as the note decayed, the crackling buzzing pops diminished and became fewer and further between. what is going on here?!?! anybody have any ideas? i checked everything. i have the same two cabs (8 ohms each) same power strip, same practice space, same outlet that we've been practicing at for years. never move the gear, never fiddle with anything. same bass, everthing. i'm at a loss? obviously, i stopped right there. didn't practice.

2. Try cleaning the effect send/return jacks with some DeOxit cleaner (clean all the jacks) and if that doesn’t fix it take it to a good repair tech.