1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP - Twisted Fender SCN pickup housing

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassDriver66, Mar 12, 2009.

1. BassDriver66

BassDriver66

Mar 12, 2009
    Hi
    I am new here and honored to join this forum.

Trying to level my deluxe J SCN pickups, I discovered that the neck pickup housing is twisted. The pickup cannot be leveled correctly and can't be paralled to the strings by no manner.
    I dismantled the pickguard and took the pickup off.
    And found out the reason - the drillings distance offset from the body are not the same - one drill is to close to the body
    and thus makes the screw standing like Piza tower when inserted to the pickup housing.
    That screw makes its side higher than its neighbour side.
    It also makes the pickup to be pressed against the pickguard.
    See pictures taken - it is the leftmost lower screw (close to the neck, close to the volume nob) that is drilled too left.
    What can I do? What should I do?
    :crying:

Attached Files:

2. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    Either a new pickup housing or a new pickup is in order. I've never been a fan of the SCN pickups so I would use this as an excuse to drop in some Nordstrands or Fralins. If the hole was drilled incorrectly, just fill it with a round toothpick & a little wood glue, let it dry and then re-drill it.

3. BassDriver66

BassDriver66

Mar 12, 2009
    I assume that the pickup is OK. Just it should be mounted
    at level with all screws in the right position.
    I think I am about to adopt your idea on re-drilling.
    Should I use dremel by myself or take to technician? what would you recommend?

4. BassDriver66

BassDriver66

Mar 12, 2009
    Technician re-drilled and brought pickup to even level.
    All for very small amount.