1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help understanding Audere JZ3's Z mode internal trim tabs?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jam119, Mar 7, 2010.

1. I just installed the JZ3 and sounds great. And as the directions indicated, the Low Z mode is much lowder than the the middle position ad Hi Z mode. So I backed of the trim tabs and it still way louder... Is this normal or is there another solution I'm over looking?

Thanks in advance.

2. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    You should be able to match Low Z volume with others Z modes. Did you turned it down completely?
    Give David Meadows a call or email. He's a really nice guy.

3. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    definitely contact him...really helpful guy.

Only problem I had with my lowZ mode was losing the treble boost/cut. I turned it down so much it rolled off just about all the treble. Readjusting quickly fixed it.

But all 3 modes on mine are similar volumes :confused:

4. Thanks guys! I was the cuplrit of my own doing... Wound up settling down and got everything adjusted... This little pre is awesome!!

5. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Glad to hear you got it straightened out.

What ended up being the problem here? I think I'm experiencing the same issue. The bridge pick-up in low Z is way louder than anything else. The pick-ups are the same volume otherwise, on any other setting.

Thanks!

6. I was looking at both the Blue trim tabs as one that controls the Low Z Volume and the othe controling the Hi Z... I was misunderstanding it... Theyre both low Z modes and one is for the nexk and the farthest out to the right is the bridge pick up... Good luck - once I got it - it really pulled it all together!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020