1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! US - UK voltage conversion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Johnpanda, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Johnpanda

Johnpanda

Sep 16, 2008
    Hi, can somebody help me with a technical issue?

I just bought an Eden Nemesis RS 210 from the US (I live in the UK) and I need to switch the voltage from the American 120V standard to the British 230V standard (I'm told that this is extremely simple). I've replaced the 4amp American fuse with the correct 2amp fuse and opened the amp up to reveal the power supply circuit board...

There are 4 possible pins for the 2 power supply jumper leads to attach to, labeled as follows:

AC1 220V-240V P1
    AC2 100V-120V P2*
    AC3 100V-220V P3
    AC4 120V-240V P4#

*Black cable
    # White cable

This is how the jumpers were originally connected for the US voltage - 120V.

I'm guessing that the first jumper should be moved from AC2 to AC1 but am unsure about the second one (on AC4)

As you can imagine I definitely don't want to make a mistake on this!!

But as Eden don't have any dealers in Northern Ireland i would be unsure of who to take the amp to, so doing it myself is by far the easiest option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I have converted WT330 and it is very simple indeed, but you need amp's schematics. Write to Eden directly and ask for it. I did it myself and got it.

3. wolldav

wolldav

Apr 15, 2003
    London, England
    I just bought a WT550b. i took it to a amp repair guy and he converted it for me in about 10 minutes.. I would say to just take it to any amp repair shop if you don't wanna do it yourself... Plus i called Eden and they emailed me the schematic.... very simple

4. You'd be right moving black to AC1 and leaving white on AC4. I've never converted a Nemesis though - so you should get that confirmed.
    Have you asked over at the Eden forum? Someone there will know.

5. Johnpanda

Johnpanda

Sep 16, 2008
    Thanks for that